SAICSIT Conf. 2008:
South Africa Reinhardt A. Botha, Charmain Cilliers (Eds.):
Proceedings of the 2008 Annual Conference of the South African Institute of Computer Scientists and Information Technologists on IT Research in Developing Countries, SAICSIT Conf. 2008, Wilderness, South Africa, October 6-8, 2008.
ACM International Conference Proceeding Series 338 ACM 2008, ISBN 978-1-60558-286-3
Copyright © Mon Mar 15 03:53:18 2010
by Michael Ley (email@example.com)
- Richard J. Barnett, Barry Irwin:
Towards a taxonomy of network scanning techniques.
- Irwin Brown:
Investigating the impact of the external environment on strategic information systems planning: a qualitative inquiry.
- Mark Chapman, Alta van der Merwe:
Contemplating systematic software reuse in a project-centric company.
- Colin Chibaya, Shaun Bangay:
The relationship between emergence of the shortest path and information value using ant-like agents.
- Nomusa Dlodlo, Merryl Ford, Lara Marques:
Utilising the living labs approach in the design of a digital platform for SINGA.
- Mathys C. du Plessis, Lynette Barnard:
Incorporating layout managers into an evolutionary programming algorithm to design graphical user interfaces.
- Carlos Ferreira, Jason Cohen:
Agile systems development and stakeholder satisfaction: a South African empirical study.
- Lynn Futcher, Rossouw von Solms:
Guidelines for secure software development.
- Helene Gelderblom, Paula Kotzé:
Designing technology for young children: what we can learn from theories of cognitive development.
- Mardé Greeff, Louis Coetzee, Martin Pistorius:
Usability evaluation of the South African National Accessibility Portal interactive voice response system.
- Mike Hart:
Do online buying behaviour and attitudes to web personalization vary by age group?
- Scott Hazelhurst:
Scientific computing using virtual high-performance computing: a case study using the Amazon elastic computing cloud.
- Ryan Hill, Janet Wesson:
Using mobile preference-based searching to improve tourism decision support.
- Tertia Hörne, John A. van der Poll:
Planning as model checking: the performance of ProB vs NuSMV.
- Naomi Isabirye, Stephen Flowerday:
A model for eliciting user requirements specific to South African rural areas.
- Alex Koller, Greg Foster, Madeleine Wright:
Java Micro Edition and Adobe Flash Lite for arcade-style mobile phone game development: a comparative study.
- Rangarirai Matavire, Irwin Brown:
Investigating the use of "Grounded Theory" in information systems research.
- Jabu Mtsweni, Elmarie Biermann:
An investigation into the implementation of open source software within the SA government: an emerging expansion model.
- Wayne Chelliah Naidoo, Jules-Raymond Tapamo:
A model of an intelligent video-based security surveillance system for general indoor/outdoor environments.
- Felix Ntawanga, André P. Calitz, Lynette Barnard:
Maintaining customer profiles in an e-commerce environment.
- Christopher Parker, Hussein Suleman:
A lightweight web interface to grid scheduling systems.
- Nelishia Pillay:
An analysis of representations for hyper-heuristics for the uncapacitated examination timetabling problem in a genetic programming system.
- Rushil Raghavjee, Nelishia Pillay:
An application of genetic algorithms to the school timetabling problem.
- Gopal Ravi Sankar, Jéan H. Greyling, Dieter Vogts, Mathys C. du Plessis:
Models towards a hybrid conversational agent for contact centres.
- Karen Renaud, Judy van Biljon:
Predicting technology acceptance and adoption by the elderly: a qualitative study.
- Hannah Slay, Greg Foster, Edison Mukadah:
Investigating the viability of scroll-wheel interfaced mobile phones for text entry.
- Hussein Suleman:
Automatic marking with Sakai.
- A. van der Merwe, J. H. Kroeze:
Development and implementation of an institutional repository within a science, engineering and technology (SET) environment.
- D. van Greunen, A. Yeratziotis:
e-Government: living up to the challenge of culture context.
- Bradley van Tonder, Janet Wesson:
Using adaptive interfaces to improve mobile map-based visualisation.
- Martin van Tonder, Charmain Cilliers, Jéan H. Greyling:
A framework for gaze selection techniques.
- Etienne van Wyk, Ruth de Villiers:
Usability context analysis for virtual reality training in South African mines.
- Dieter Vogts, André P. Calitz, Jéan H. Greyling:
Comparison of the effects of professional and pedagogical program development environments on novice programmers.