USA Roland W. Fleming, Sunghee Kim (Eds.):
Proceedings of the 3rd Symposium on Applied Perception in Graphics and Visualization, APGV 2006, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, July 28-29, 2006.
ACM International Conference Proceeding Series 153 ACM 2006, ISBN 1-59593-429-4
Virtual environments I
- Betty J. Mohler, Sarah H. Creem-Regehr, William B. Thompson:
The influence of feedback on egocentric distance judgments in real and virtual environments.
- Scott A. Kuhl, William B. Thompson, Sarah H. Creem-Regehr:
Minification influences spatial judgments in virtual environments.
- Betsy Williams, Gayathri Narasimham, Timothy P. McNamara, Thomas H. Carr, John J. Rieser, Bobby Bodenheimer:
Updating orientation in large virtual environments using scaled translational gain.
- A. Elizabeth Seward, Daniel H. Ashmead, Bobby Bodenheimer:
Discrimination and estimation of time-to-contact for approaching traffic using a desktop environment.
Virtual environments II
Color and contrast
Faces and gestures
Copyright © Mon Mar 15 03:11:49 2010
by Michael Ley (email@example.com)
- Özer Ciftcioglu, Michael S. Bittermann, I. Sevil Sariyildiz:
Application of a visual perception model in virtual reality.
- Kazuyo Kojima, Shigeo Takahashi, Tomoyuki Nishita:
Creating quadrilateral mosaics from image topographic features.
- Kenichi Yoshida, Shigeo Takahashi, Tomoyuki Nishita:
Designing nonperspective projection through screen-space manipulation.
- Jingjing Meng, John J. Rieser, Bobby Bodenheimer:
Distance estimation in virtual environments using bisection.
- Eric Klein, Oliver G. Staadt, J. Edward Swan II, Greg S. Schmidt, Mark A. Livingston:
Egocentric medium-field distance perception in projection environments.
- Betsy Williams, Gayathri Narasimham, Björn Rump, Timothy P. McNamara, Thomas H. Carr, John J. Rieser, Bobby Bodenheimer:
Exploring large virtual environments with an HMD on foot.
- Maureen Stone, Lyn Bartram, Diane Gromala:
Great grids: how and why?
- Greg Ward:
Hiding seams in high dynamic range panoramas.
- Jiangtao Kuang, Garrett M. Johnson, Mark D. Fairchild:
iCAM for high-dynamic-range image rendering.
- John Heminghous, Andrew T. Duchowski:
iComp: a tool for scanpath visualization and comparison.
- Christine Ziemer, Jodie M. Plumert, James F. Cremer, Joseph K. Kearney:
Making distance judgments in real and virtual environments: does order make a difference?
- Elodie Fourquet, William Cowan, Stephen Mann:
Multiple perspectives in computer graphics: arguments from perceptual grouping and renaissance art.
- Ronald R. Mourant, Najla Ahmad, Charles Adetiloye, Beverly K. Jaeger:
Optical flow, geometric field of view, and requested vehicle velocity.
- Bernhard E. Riecke, Jan Malte Wiener:
Point-to-origin experiments in VR revealed novel qualitative errors in visual path integration.
- Brian Ries, Victoria Interrante, Lee Anderson, Jason Lindquist:
Presence, rather than prior exposure, is the more strongly indicated factor in the accurate perception of egocentric distances in real world co-located immersive virtual environments.
- Mario Valle:
Representations that promote cognition: the case of chemistry visualization tools.
- Emily Bennett, Brett Stevens:
The 'detection, perception and object-presence' framework: a unified structure for investigating illusory representations of reality.
- G. Ellis, Alan Chalmers, Kurt Debattista:
The effect of rotational ego-motion on the perception of high fidelity animations.
- Reynold J. Bailey, Cindy Grimm, Christopher Davoli:
The effect of warm and cool object colors on depth ordering.
- Melinda M. Knight, Laura L. Arns:
The relationship among age and other factors on incidence of cybersickness in immersive environment users.
- Ohad Ben-Shahar:
Visualization with smooth oriented textures and flows: insights from perception.
- Haleh Hagh-Shenas, Victoria Interrante, Christopher G. Healey, Sunghee Kim:
Weaving versus blending: a quantitative assessment of the information carrying capacities of two alternative methods for conveying multivariate data with color.